Monday, June 30, 2008

Card Tracker - First Post

This blog is supposed to be a sort of central information center for the project.

Card Tracker is a program I started working on to keep track of my collection of Magic cards. After Wizards of the Coast 'upgraded' from Magic Online 2.0 to Magic Online III, they dropped the physical card tracking add-on. Much to my disappointment.

After looking around at other applications, which were mostly for card shops or other sale-related businesses I decided to create my own.

The highly originally named Card Tracker is the result of this frustration.

Also, I want to make it absolutely clear that Magic, the mana symbols, card art, and much other stuff is all (c) Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro. My goal here is not to infringe on their market, but to provide a service around it.

Final note: special thanks to http://magiccards.info/, for their great database and card art.

No comments: